Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Been a While...

It's been so long since I've posted anything on here, but maybe I should try again to keep it up. My last post was at 37 weeks pregnant, and now my little man is 8.5 months old. WOW! How time flies!

The little guy is so busy now. He's crawling at lightning speed, pulling up on EVERYTHING, feeding himself (not with a spoon yet, of course), and doing so many other great things! He's developed a cheesy little grin within the last 2 weeks. I swear he knows he's cute when he does it. Probably because we don't stop laughing and smiling when that grin appears. He squints his eyes, crinkles his nose, and shows his teeth...SO CUTE!

We're still nursing, which I plan to continue until...well, I don't know when. I'm going to play it by his cues, or until we decide it's time to stop to try for #2. Oh #2! That thought just makes me giddy, though I hope it's still a while before we're actually there. I would love to be pregnant again. I can't wait to experience labor and delivery again! However, I still feel like little Em needs Mommy's undivided attention for a little while longer.

Work is hectic most days, not because of what I do (which I love), but mostly b/c of some negative attitudes that surround me there. It's frustrating to try to do good work when it feels like some people just can't stop seeing the bad in everything. But I'm sure that's everywhere, so I bite my tongue and do what I can...and then I go home to my sweet boy!

We are blessed with a wonderful babysitter who loves our little man as much as any sitter could. Thank goodness we are able to leave him with her. I can't imagine leaving him otherwise.

Well, I really should get to it...got a long day with lots of things to do ahead of me. Just reminded of how therapuetic this can be. Maybe I'll try to keep it up a little more next week.

No comments: